A family of four displaced by flood have been hospitalised after a gas explosion at their temporary accommodation at Adankolo, a suburb of Lokoja, Kogi State.
It was learnt that the incident happened on Wednesday.
The affected victims were identified as Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat and Usman Sadiya.
It was observed that they were in a critical condition with bandages all over their bodies.
A relative, Godwin Wanbebe, who spoke to our correspondent on Sunday, said the victims needed funds to settle their medical bills.
He said “At their new temporary abode after settling down, they decided to prepare something to eat and so they brought out their gas and lit it. The cylinder exploded immediately it came in contact with the flame.
“The explosion of the gas has been attributed to the hurried way and manner they packed their belongings to avoid being taken over by water; probably, the cylinder had somewhere it was leaking.
“The family is calling on well-meaning citizens in the society to help save their lives. We solicit the support of well meaning Kogites and Nigerians so as to settle bills incurred.”
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.