By a letter dated 11 January 2023, the Honourable Chief Judge of the Federal High Court has requested the President of the Nigerian Bar Association to nominate suitably qualified persons, to be recommended for appointment to the Federal High Court Bench. The available slots are for candidates from Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Gombe, Kebbi, Ogun and Oyo States, only.
Members of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) who are suitably qualified and are interested in applying for appointment to the Federal High Court Bench, and who are from any of the above-listed states, are enjoined to submit Expression of Interest to the National Secretariat of the NBA on or before 24 January 2023. All correspondences should be addressed to:
For more details about Newswire Law&Events Magazine, kindly reach out to us on 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: email@example.com. You will be glad you did
Nigerian Bar Association
c/o Ayodeji Oni, Esq.
Head, Legal Services Department Nigerian Bar Association
Plot 1101 Cadastral Zone A00
Central Business District
The expressions of interest should include the following attached thereto:
- A copy of the Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the Applicant’s Call to Bar Certificate
- Evidence of payment of Bar Practicing Fees (BPF) as and when due, for the past 10 years
- Evidence of payment of NBA Branch Dues as and when due, for the past 10 years
- Evidence of attendance at Conferences of the NBA
- Evidence of membership of Sections or Fora of the NBA
- Certified true copies of at least 5 Judgments in contested cases conducted and/or delivered by the Applicant within the 5 years preceding the application.
- A letter of good standing from the Chairman of the applicant’s Branch confirming that he or she possesses the qualities set out in Rule 4(4)(1)(a), (b) and (d) of the National judicial Council Guidelines for the Appointment of Judicial Officers for Superior Courts of Record as reproduced hereunder:
“In all cases:
a) Good character and reputation, diligence and hard work, honesty, integrity and sound knowledge of law and consistent adherence to professional ethics;
As may be applicable:
b) Active successful practice at the Bar, including satisfactory presentation of cases in Court as a Legal Practitioner either in private practice or as a Legal Officer in any Public Service;
d) Credible record of teaching law, legal research in a reputable University and publication of legal works…”
Upon receipt of the expressions of interest, the National Secretariat shall publish the names of the interested candidates and request comments thereon from members of the NBA. The candidates will thereafter be invited for a screening interview.
For further enquiries/clarifications, please call Ayodeji on the following phone number: 0803 345 2825.
Akorede Habeeb Lawal
National Publicity Secretary
Nigerian Bar Association