In a telephone conversation following the meeting of All Progressives Congress (APC) governors and leaders with President Muhammadu Buhari in London Sunday, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, said the President was very cheerful and has not lost any bit of his sense of humour.
The governor said the party delegation spent more than an hour with President Buhari over lunch, and it was very clear from the discussions that he followed developments at home very closely.
He said the President was delighted to receive the delegation and asked each governor about affairs in his state. He also asked the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, about the state of the railways.
When asked to react to all the negative things being said about him, the President just laughed, describing such negative reports as lies.
Governor Okorocha said President Buhari was completely unperturbed by the cocktail of lies. He, instead, sent his best wishes to Nigerians.
According to the governor, Nigerians don’t have to worry at all, adding that President Buhari will be back as soon as the doctors give him the green light.
“By our visit to London today, the merchants of lies have been put out of business and Nigerians will not buy the garbage they have been selling. All those who look up to fake news can find better use for their time,” Governor Okorocha noted.
Governors Umaru Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa; Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna; Yahaya Bello of Kogi; and APC National Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, were also in the delegation.
FEMI ADESINA, Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity).
5 conspiracy theories Buhari’s new picture debunks
The picture of President Muhammadu Buhari having lunch on Sunday, July 23, 2017, in Abuja House, London (the United Kingdom) with chieftains of All Progressives Congress practically dismissed all the conspiracy theories his 78-day absence has thrown up.
Many of his opponents, and those fond of sensationalism, have ruled him unfit to continue as the leader of the 182 million strong nation of the blessed and favoured.
From scary to nonsensical, many tales have been woven around the sickness of the 74 year old retired General whose ailments have been kept secret by the Presidency.
Ever since he left hurriedly that Sunday, March 7, evening, we have been fed with all sorts of rumours about his health.
Here are some conspiracy theories his picture with the APC chieftains disproved as compiled:
1. He’s on life support: He’s not on any support as the picture clearly shows.
2. Osinbajo spent only 5 minutes with him in Abuja House: The Acting President Yemi Osinbajo claimed he was with President Muhammadu Buhari for one hour when he visited.
3. Aisha Buhari was prevented from seeing her husband because he was too sick: That cannot be true as the person hidden on account on being on life support was eating with chieftains of his party.
4. He’s already dead: He’s alive and recovering, cheerful and kicking.
5. He’s suffering from dementia and more complicated diseases: The Daura born ex-soldier could neither recognise people, remember where he is nor discuss intelligently. That’s what we were told.
But the picture and the statement of Owelle Rochas Okorocha suggest that the dementia tale is far-fetched.
The president acknowledged that he’s never been this sick…but the wicked tales woven around his illness are not exactly true!
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.