George Etomi and Partners & GEPLAW Consults Presents its Second Webinar Series: “Renewable Energy Projects in Nigeria: Post Covid-19 Opportunities and Outlook”
The pandemic and its resultant effects on the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI) have largely uncovered the deficiencies in the NESI’s output and the critical need to improve performance. Hence, stakeholders are beginning to take proactive measures to ensure that the country achieves the require electricity access, The Nigerian Ministry of Power, the major player in the industry has launched a tender post-COVID 19 for the construction of several off-grid solar systems and other electrical infrastructure projects to improve access to energy in underserved areas. In the same vein, the National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Policy (NREEEP), has spelt out clear incentives for investors in the RE sector in other to encourage investors and close the huge electricity deficit faced by the country. Experts have predicted that renewables would provide 57% of global power generation by 2030, up from 25% in 2017 and an expected 30% in 2020.
The 2nd Edition GEPLAW x Geplaw Consult Webinar seeks to analyze the current state of the sector in relation to COVID-19, the direct impact of the pandemic on sector participants and stakeholders, existing or proposed legal, regulatory and policy developments, financing and investment climate for projects post-COVID and next steps towards the transition to clean energy and energy security. It is scheduled to hold on Monday, 31st of August, 2020at 3pm and shall comprise of prestigious speakers including market participants and representatives of government/regulatory authorities who have vast experience and knowledge regarding the topic.
The Opening Address shall be given by Professor Engineer Eli Jidere Bala, DG/CEO, Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN)and Engr. Ahmad Salihijo, MD/CEO, Rural Electrification Agency (REA); highlighting the state of affairs of their respective organisations regarding Renewable Energy policies, reliefs and implementation activities during the pandemic and post-COVID.
Other seasoned Panelists include:
- Dr. Musiliu Oseni, Commissioner, Planning, Research and Strategy- Renewable Energy & Research Division, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Mr. Sele Inegbedion, Hub Manager, All On
- Dr. Afolabi Otitoju,Senior Sustainable Energy Expert- ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Technical Assistant- Federal Ministry of Power
- Mr. Segun Adaju, President, Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria (REAN), CEO, Consistent Energy Limited
- Mrs. Ujunwa Ojemeni, Energy and Development Finance Executive, Senior Technical Adviser, Office of the Honourable Commissioner for Energy & Mineral Resources, Lagos State
- Mr. Femi Adeyemo, Chief Executive Officer, Arnergy
- Mr. Bankole Oloruntoba, Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC)
- Mr. Alex Obiechina, Chief Executive Officer, ACOB Lighting Technology Limited
Ms. Rolake Rosiji, Country Manager, M-Kopa Nigeria
Mrs. Ivie Ehanmo, Partner, George Etomi & Partners
The RE Webinar promises to give valuable insights from parties with industry expertise (in an advisory capacity) on the procedures for setting the ball rolling in the growth and development of the fledgling Nigerian RE sector.
For more information or to register for this Webinar, please visit https://bit.ly/3k63wan