About 383 Nigerian tech startups raised a combined $2 billion in funding between January 2015 and August 2022!! This is according to the Nigerian Startup Ecosystem Report 2022, by DisruptAfrica.
In Aug, 2022 the record of funds raised stood at $747.9 million compared to the total of $793.8 million from 2021, and according to @Nairametrics “Nigeria continues to dominate the startup ecosystem in Africa in terms of the number of innovative companies springing up by the day.”
One thing is for sure, these Startups, and Founders need expert legal advise. Tech lawyers consistently provide legal advisory services to technology companies on issues such as artificial intelligence, robotics and drones licensing among others.
For more details about Newswire Law&Events Magazine, kindly reach out to us on 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be glad you did
Other areas also include:
- •Legal Advisory
- •Regulatory Compliance
- •Due Diligence
- •Technology company Registration
- •Data protection and Privacy
- •Interface with regulatory agencies and obtaining requisite licenses such Internet Service Provider (ISP) license.
- •Software licensing
- •Investment advisory and representations
- •Intellectual Property protection including trademarks, patents, etc.
•The career space in tech is growing rapidly for lawyers and the Nigerian tech space is quite supportive of tools, resources, and information. Are you a lawyer looking to switch into tech or improve your skill and capacity in Tech Law? Then the information below is for you.
We have put together a stellar faculty to help train and develop the capacity of Nigerian lawyers in Tech Law.
Details of the training include:
Theme: Introduction to Tech Law
- •Fintech Law
- •Data Privacy and Protection Law
- •Blockchain Technology
- •Intellectual Property Law
- •Startup Funding
- •Startup Compliance
- Members of Faculty:
- Chinyere Okorocha, Partner,Jackson, Etti & Edu
- Olumide Babalola, Esq., MCIArb (UK), Managing Partner, Olumide Babalola LP
- Senator Ihenyen, Lead Partner, Infusion Lawyers
- Omoruyi Edoigiawerie, Partner, Edoigiawerie and Company LP
- Chukwudi Ofili, Director of Investment Management & East Africa Regional Counsel Renew Capital
- Davidson Oturu, Partner, AELEX
- Date: 26th & 27th January, 2023
- Time: 9am – 5pm daily
- Session: Hybrid
- Physical Session:
- Registration Fee: ₦70,000
- Early Bird: ₦60,000 (ends 10th January, 2023)
- Venue: NECA House, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3godtD2
- Virtual Session (ZOOM)
- Fee: ₦50,000
- Early Bird: ₦40,000 (ends 10th January, 2023)
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3gqAXr9
- Persons who should attend include lawyers, founders, tech compliance officers and stake holders in the Tech Industry at all levels.
- For enquiries, please contact: Lawlexis – email@example.com or 09029755663.