PRESIDENTIAL INVESTIGATION PANEL TO REVIEW COMPLIANCE OF THE ARMED FORCES WITH HUMAN RIGHTS OBLIGATIONS AND RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
CALL FOR MEMORANDA AND PUBLIC HEARING
His excellency, the Acting president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, on Friday, August 11th, 2017 inauguration the Panel to review compliance of the Armed Forces with Human right obligations and rules of engagement especially in local conflicts and insurgency situation.
2. Below are the Terms of Reference of the Panel:
(a) To review extant rules of engagement applicable to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the extent of compliance thereto;
(b) To investigate alleged acts of violation of international humanitarian and human right law under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), Geneva Conventions Act, African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights (Ratification and Enforcements) Act and other relevant laws by the Armed Forces in local conflicts and insurgencies;
(c) To investigate matters of conduct and discipline in the Armed Forces in local conflicts and insurgencies;
(d) To recommend means of preventing violations of international humanitarian and human rights law in conflict situations; and
(e) To make further recommendations in line with these terms of reference as may be deemed necessary.
3. Stakeholders, affected persons, institutions and interested members of the public are hereby invited to submit to the Presidential Investigation Panel, memoranda that will assist it in the discharge of its mandate.
1) All Memoranda should be forwarded to the Presidency, Special Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Shehu Shagari Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja, for the attention of the Secretary to the Presidential Investigation Panel on Review of Compliance of Armed Forces with Human Rights Obligations and Rules of Engagement;
2) 10 Nos. Hard Copies of Memorandum should be submitted
3) A soft copy should be sent email@example.com.
4) Memorandum should be submitted within two weeks from the date of the publication of this notice.
5) The panel will hold Public Hearings in Abuja from 7th September to 6th October, 2017.
Do you need to be heard? Or your articles published? Send your views, messages, articles or press release to: firstname.lastname@example.org >>> We can cover your (LAW) events at the first Call: 08039218044, 08024004726
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.