- Lawyers are faced daily with the task of providing solutions to a myriad of issues. This role of solution provider requires talent and ingenuity. The general presumption however is that lawyers are a bit stoic and their talent can only be found in the field of law. This is despite the foray of many lawyers in the field of sports, entertainment, politics, etc.
- In a bid to redirect the above narrative, the Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law (NBA-SBL) is set to showcase another side to lawyers – talents and skills that the public would usually not associate with lawyers.
- To this end, the NBA-SBL is thrilled to announce the introduction of a captivating talent show tagged, Lawyers Got Talent, as part of the 17th edition of the Annual International Business Law Conference. This extraordinary showcase will bring together lawyers from various disciplines, displaying their skills and abilities outside of legal practice. All interested Participants must register for the conference in order to qualify for the talent show, thus adding an exciting incentive to secure their spots.
- Lawyers Got Talent will take centre stage during the NBA-SBL Conference, scheduled to hold from Wednesday, July 5, to Friday, July 7, 2023, at the prestigious Eko Hotels and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos State.
- The Conference Planning Committee hereby invites legal professionals with talents in the categories of music (Voice and Instruments), poetry, and comedy, to showcase their skills and talents and compete for substantial cash prizes.
- The prizes for the “Lawyers Got Talent” contest are as follows:
- 1st Prize: N1,000,000.00 (One million Naira Only);
- 2nd Prize, N750,000.00 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira); and
- the 3rd Prize is N550,000.00 (Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira).
Interested participants should make a 2-minute video showcasing their talent, save the video in a Google Drive and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th June 2023. Also, contestants are to send their full name, phone number, year of call, SCN Number, and evidence of payment of the registration fee for the conference along with the link to their google drive. Interested participants are to ensure that the sharing permissions allow access to their videos for the judging process.
Ose Okpeku, Vice Chairman of the 2023 NBA-SBL Conference Planning Committee, said the Lawyers Got Talent show is a novel event that aims to showcase lawyers’ skills, talents, and exciting side.
He said: “It will indeed be a fun and exciting evening. Definitely, an event not to be missed. I look forward to seeing some outstanding performances from our very talented colleagues.”
Early bird registration for the conference is currently ongoing until Wednesday, May 31, 2023. Interested attendees are encouraged to take advantage of the discounted rates and secure their eligibility for the Lawyers Got Talent showcase.
To register for the conference, please visit the NBA-SBL official website at www.nbasbl.org
For additional information, sponsorship opportunities, and exhibition inquiries, please contact the NBA-SBL secretariat through the following channels:
WhatsApp numbers: 08115984575, 08095174000
Call line: 09038000095
Linkedin: Nigerian Bar Association Section on Business Law (NBA SBL)
Do you want to be heard, your events covered, your articles published, or need to advertise your products and services on our Blog and Magazine, reach out to us at Newswire Law and Events, you will be glad you did. For more details about our services, please call: 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: email@example.com