- Advertisement -spot_img

N4bn theft: Obiano to face trial as court refuses to revoke charges

- Advertisement -spot_img

A Federal High Court in Abuja has dismissed an application by the former governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano, challenging the powers of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to prosecute him.

Obiano, who was arraigned on January 24, is standing trial on nine charges bordering on alleged N4bn theft.

 

-Advertisement-

Afam Osigwe

Chukwuemeka Mbamala

Chukwuemeka Mbamala

But in a preliminary objection filed by the defendant through his lawyer Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), he said the EFCC lacked the power to prosecute him.

 

He also urged the court to quash the instant charges against him, describing them as an abuse of court process.

Obiano added that no prima facie case had been preferred against him.

 

Ruling on the application on Thursday, Justice Inyang Ekwo said the application lacked merit and deserved to be dismissed.

 

Details later…

 

 

-Advertisement-

Grab our latest Magazine, "2024 NBA ELECTIONS: THE MEN WHO WOULD BE PRESIDENT". Get your order fast and stress free. New mag

For more details about Newswire Law&Events Magazine, kindly reach out to us on 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: newswiremagazine@yahoo.co.uk. You will be glad you did

Do you want to be heard, your events covered, your articles published, or need to advertise your products and services on our Blog and Magazine, reach out to us at Newswire Law and Events, you will be glad you did. For more details about our services, please call: 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: newswiremagazine@yahoo.co.uk

- Advertisement -spot_img

Stay Connected

16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

- Advertisement -spot_img

Related News

- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here