LAW STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
LAWSAN DISSOCIATES SELF FROM BLESSING AGBOMHERE’S PURPORTED “LAWSAN BOARD OF TRUSTEES”, CAC REGISTRATION WITHOUT LEGITIMACY
The Leadership of Law Students Association of Nigeria (LAWSAN) has received with utmost shock, the unpatriotic and irresponsible activities of certain individuals whom are hell-bent on using our dear Association for their personal aggrandizement, despite their unceremonious retirement from the Association earlier this year. This unfortunate turn of events necessitates the imperative to issue this press release. LAWSANites and the general public should be informed that:
- Our attention was drawn to a purported registration of LAWSAN with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by one Blessing Agbomhere and his cohorts who have immensely contributed to the division of LAWSAN in no small measure. Let it be reiterated that the true leadership of the Association is not led by Blessing Agbomhere and as such, he does not have the capacity nor legitimacy whatsoever to register the Association under whatever guise. Thus, LAWSAN completely dissociates itself from his purported actions.
- The Association has also been informed that the same Blessing Agbomhere has constituted a purported “LAWSAN Board of Trustees”, making himself the Chairman and one Muhammad Kime as the Secretary. We wish to state emphatically that this charade is a sacrilege and a daylight robbery being perpetrated by these individuals and their baby-sitters in the face of the hallowed Constitution of Law Students Association of Nigeria (LAWSAN), 2018 (As amended 2020).
- LAWSANites would recall that Blessing Agbomhere and his cronies have been a problem and a dangerous clog in the peaceful administration of LAWSAN of our dream and consistently threaten the unity of our Association and this is limpid from his audacious declaration of a candidate who lost as a winner, without the imprimatur of LAWSAN Independent Electoral Committee in the recently concluded LAWSAN Convention held at Nassarawa State University, Keffi. This is a great disservice to LAWSAN and its constitution.
- We condemn the actions of Blessing Agbomhere and his cohorts in no mistaken terms as flagrant violation of the letters and spirit of the LAWSAN Constitution and treasonable. Their dispositions are naked challenge to the legitimacy of the constituted authorities of the Association and consequently, these brazen actions would not go unpunished.
- The leadership of the Association is on top of the situation and we are working assiduously with the relevant authorities to arrest this unfortunate situation whilst we strongly enjoin all LAWSANites and members of the public to be wary of associating with the above persons as they do not represent LAWSAN in any way.
Consequently, we enjoin all LAWSANites to remain calm and law-abiding as we maintain the unity of our one LAWSAN.
Sen. Michael Arinze.
National LAWSAN President.
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.