The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN, has resolved to continue with the ongoing strike action until its demands are fully met by the executive government of every state.
This is contained in a communique issued by the association after its emergency National Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday.
The official communication is reproduced below:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING OF THE JUDICIARY STAFF UNION OF NIGERIA, HELD ON THE 19 DAY OF MAY, 2021 AT THE CONFERENCE HALL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH WORKERS UNION OF NIGERIA HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA
The NEC in session after an exhaustive deliberation resolves as:
- NEC in session commends the Honourable, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, CFR, the Hon Minister of Labour and Productivity. His Excellency, Dr. Chris Ngige, the Hon. Attorney General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, the Secretary, Presidential implementation Committee of the financial Autonomy, Sen. Ita Enang, the NBA and other stakeholders on efforts geared towards the full implementation of the financial Autonomy of the Judiciary as provided in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (As Amended)
- NEC-in-session commends the National President and all members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Union on the discussions so far and efforts to resolve the ongoing strike action with stakeholders
- NEC-in-session condemns the Anti Labour disposition of His Excellency, the Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El Rufai and for illegally declaring the National President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Ayuba Wabba, mni wanted
- NEC-in-session frowns at the attitude of some State Chief Judges on their anti-constitutional disposition on the full implementation of the Financial Autonomy of the judiciary.
- NEC-in session frowns at the continued anti-labour disposition of the Ebonyi State Governor, Engr. Dave Umahi and therefore demands for immediate payment of the withheld August, 2020 salary and release of check-off dues accruing to the Union
- NEC-in-session resolves to deal with any State found not fully complying with its directive on the ongoing strike action while commending members to remain resolute. 7. NEC-in-session vows to continue with the ongoing industrial action until the provision of the constitution in contention is fully complied with as the provisions of the constitutions are non-negotiable.
- NEC-in-session warns that no member of any branch or Chapter of the union should be victimized on account of this ongoing strike
Issued this19th day of May, 2021 at Abuja.
Comrade Emmanuel Abioye, National Deputy President
T.M. Adetola, General Secretary
-Advertisement-Grab our latest Magazine, "Chief Emeka Ozoani, Go-Getter & Go-Giver". Get your order fast and stress free.
For more details about Newswire Law&Events Magazine, kindly reach out to us on 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: email@example.com. You will be glad you did