The NBA Employment Bureau hereby notifies Lawyers of the Annual Conference scholarship opportunities offered by the International Bar Association (IBA) ahead of the IBA Annnual Conference 2023 slated to hold in Paris, France, from 29 October – 3 November 2023.
The IBA is the world’s largest international organisation of law societies, bar associations and individual lawyers engaged in transnational law, and the IBA Annual Conference attracts the participation of about 6000 lawyers from more than 100 jurisdictions.The Annual Conference working sessions are complemented by a full social programme which provides the opportunity for delegates to meet, establish and maintain business contacts and friendships with peers of the legal profession worldwide.
For more details about Newswire Law&Events Magazine, kindly reach out to us on 08039218044, 09070309355. Email: email@example.com. You will be glad you did
The Applications for the 2023 Annual Conference Scholarship programme have now commenced and is open to all qualified Lawyers who are willing to participate in the Conference
but who may face financial difficulties in doing so.The scholarship opportunities are available to those who meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be:
• A Lawyer of not less that the natural age of 35 years at the time of the Conference.
Also, Applicants must either be:
• a fully qualified lawyer who is licensed/registered to practice as a lawyer with the relevant professional regulatory body; or
• undertaking the qualification process (education and/or vocational) to pass the bar (or the equivalent qualification in the relevant jurisdiction) to become fully qualified, providing they hold a temporary or permanent licence to practice as a trainee, or are undertaking a training scheme that is recognised by the professional regulatory body.
• IBA membership is not a requirement to submit application
• Employees of the IBA, officers of any IBA entity and relatives of the above are excluded from the competition.
• Previous winners of any LPD/SPPI Conference Scholarships are also excluded from the competition. All other applicants from previous years may reapply.
• Each participant may apply for one Scholarship in a calendar year.
The Annual Conference Scholarship award encompasses the following:
• waived registration for the IBA Annual Conference;
• accommodation while attending the conference;
• contribution towards travel costs to attend the conference;
• two years’ free membership of the IBA; and
• a waiver of either the following years’ IBA Annual Conference registration fee or a waived registration fee to attend a speciality conference organised by the IBA.
To access the Scholarship Listings and applicable Topics in order to commence application, kindly visit:
IBA Annual Conference Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to young lawyers who wish to participate at the Annual Conference, but may find it financially difficult to do so.
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, 31 May 2023 (Monday 17 April 2023 for the Academic and Professional Development Committee scholarship). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . You can contact the Secretary of the NBA Employment Bureau, Uchenna Nwadialo for assistance on email@example.com.
Sir Steve Adehi, SAN
Chairman, NBA Employment Bureau
NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION (NBA)
NBA House, Plot 1101 Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District, Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria
Tel: +234 (0) 800 333 1111