The law firm of SPA Ajibade & Co. had announced earlier this month that entries for this year’s Essay competition had been opened.
The topic, chosen in line with the theme of this year’s Annual Luncheon, is “Technology, Innovation and The Law: Challenges, Potentials and Possibilities in the Nigerian Legal Landscape”
According to the guidelines which it posted on luncheon.spaajibade.com, entries for the competition will close on 30th November, 2021.
The advertised guidelines are as follows:
- The Competition is open to lawyers between 1-7 years post-call excluding staff of SPA Ajibade & Co.
- Participants are to write an Essay between 1000 to 2000 words on the topic “The Practical Application of Technology to Modern Law Practice in Nigeria vis-a-vis
- The Nigerian Legal System: A LegalTech Analysis” citing a currently existing or future legal technology and then marrying it with the Nigerian Legal System, and providing practical ways in which it can be used in Nigeria.
- Participants shall, in addition to the essay, make a 1-minute video summarising the Essay. Videos must have a premise, argument and closing remark.
- The video is to be posted on Instagram, tagging @spa_ajibade, and using the hashtag #SPAACOABL2021
- The essay and link to video must be forwarded to email@example.com
- Submissions must be done no later than 12 midnight of November 30, 2021.
The winner will be announced during the Luncheon which will take place on Thursday 9th December, 2021 and all participants are encouraged to attend virtually.
- Full sponsorship for one certificate earning course with any of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN); or the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Brand new laptop with LawPavillion, All Appeal Court Reports and LegalPedia Installed.
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.