Recall that some months ago, a number of conflicting orders relating to political matters, were obtained from several courts of coordinate jurisdiction.
The NJC has since sanctioned the Judges found culpable, while the NBA set up a three man committee to conduct some investigation in order to find out the legal practitioners involved in the forum shopping.
“Upon the conclusion of the investigation of the Committee, the NBA has now caused six (6) petitions to be sent to the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee. The other 2 petitions will be filed soon.
The legal practitioners involved include:
- Henry Adedayo Bello
- Abubakar Abdullahi
- Mba Ukweni SAN
- Chibuzor C. Ezike Esq.
- Christagonus Okechi Nkoku
- Ezea Ferdinand.
- M. Iyke-Iweajunwa (Mrs)
- Chief Jude Okeke of APGA was a Defendant in 3 of the cases investigated. He caused cases to be instituted against him in the High Courts of Jigawa, FCT and Imo State in connivance with the Claimants and their Counsel.
The Petitions were written to the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee (LPDC) on the 25/3/2022 by the John Aikpokpo-Martins, the 1st Vice President on behalf of the NBA.
The petitions are:
- BB/LPDC/814/2022: NBA V Ntufam Mba Ukweni, SAN.
- BB/LPDC/809/2022: NBA V Chibuzor Ejike, Esq.
- BB/LPDC/810/2022: NBA V Ejiofor Ezea.
- BB/LPDC/811/2022: NBA V Christogonus Nkoku.
- BB/LPDC/812/2022: NBA V Abubakar Abdullahi.
- BB/LPDC/813/2022: NBA V Henry Adebayo Bello.
Newswire Law and Events Magazine is Out. It's a collector's item. Get one - or two,or more - for yourself and loved ones.