Foluke Dada’s NEC Report is Bias, Targeted at me for Fighting Corruption within NBA – Bayo Akinlade, Ikorodu Bar Chairman
The Chairman of NBA Ikorodu Branch, Mr. Bayo Akinlade has decried the report submitted to the National Executive Commitee, NEC, of the Association, by the 2nd Vice President of the Association, Foluke Dada Esq, for the Annual General meeting scheduled to hold during the Association’s ongoing Annual General Conference.
Mr. Akinlade described the report as false, biased and highly opinionated and targeted against him for his anti-corruption stance within NBA.
The Ikorodu Branch Chair has been targeted by the NBA National of which Mrs. Dada is a member for insubordination and disregard of an order from the President, Mr. Paul Usoro, SAN.
An earlier attempt to remove Akinlade as Chairman was halted by an order of the Lagos High Court.
Read below, the statement made available by the Ikorodu Chairman, Mr. Bayo Akinlade
You may again read in our NBA AGM REPORT about me and NBA Ikorodu. Below is my position on the report by the 2VP of NBA
With all the well published activities of NBA Ikorodu Branch, one of which deserved a mention from the LEGAL AID COUNCIL Boss; it is troubling that our NBA 2nd VP could not report it. Instead she gives a report which is mostly false, bias and highly opinionated. A one-sided report fed to members of NEC and using NEC as a weapon to achieve clandestine objectives to discredit Bayo Akinlade for his stance on corruption within the NBA.
TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT:
NBA Ikorodu Branch members have worked hard in the last one year with the average member donating more than 5 hours a week in voluntary services to the public. Our programs include:
1. Weekly visits to the Police Stations within Ikorodu under our PDSS program
2. Weekly Court Centered Prison decongestion initiative [at least 2 lawyers are stationed in each of our 6 magistrate courts every Thursday]
3. Monthly Human Rights / Legal Aid interventions
4. Legal Outreaches to Schools, market places, orphanages, Prisons, mosques, churches etc
5. Legal intervention for abused and vulnerable women and children
6. Support services for the LAGOS State Judiciary and the Office of the Public Defender
7. We had our annual law week and dinner where we provided free legal services all week and collaborated with the Nigerian Medical Association & others
8. Various CLE programs
Amongst other things.
NONE OF THESE INITIATIVES WERE REPORTED BY THE 2ND VP IN HER REPORT TO NEC OR THE AGM
This is so very unfortunate
We gone so far in NBA Ikorodu as to have formal/informal standing partnerships with:
1. Lagos State Ministry of Justice
2. Lagos State Judiciary
3. Legal Aid council of Nigeria
5. Open Society Foundation
6. British Council ROLaC programme
7. Total Nig Coop Society
Just to mention a few
But not one single event we do is reported by our National Excos.
This is certainly not the NBA we signed up for… WE MUST CHANGE OUR WAYS OF DOING BUSINESS.
Deji Sasegbon’s Latest Dictionary: Place your order now. Call:08076095047, 07036688678, 08035629991
Newswire, we present the world of law and the issues that engage them. This edition is yet again, ‘Mind-blowing’. Go get your copy(ies) Now!