Eastern Bar Forum Leaders Condemn FGs Neglect of Southeast-Southsouth Roads
The Eastern Bar Forum held its last Quarterly Meeting for the year 2019 at the NBA PH Branch House on 16th November, 2019.
The meeting was attended by Leaders of the Bar, Senior Advocates of Nigeria, past and current National Officers of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Chairmen, Secretaries, NEC Representatives and members of the forty three branches of the NBA from Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers states that make up the Forum.
After a a careful deliberation on issues affecting the region, the following resolutions were reache;
1. The Forum condemned the terrible and bad state of Roads in the Southeast & Southsouth Zones of the Country which has not only impeded the economic growth of the region,but also led loss of innocent lives of citizens who ply these roads.
2. The Forum noted with dismay that the neglect by the Federal Government is a deliberate attempt to work hardship on the people region and frustrate the region’s resolve to promote economic growth and self reliance.
3. It called on the Federal Government to take urgent and drastic steps to rehabilitate, repair and reconstruct all bad and unmotorable roads in the zones within the shortest possible time.
4. Forum also condemned upsurge of violent crimes like armed robbery, kidnapping, murder, rape, banditry and cultism in the country and the seemingly helplessness of the Federal Government to protect the lives and property of the citizens which is the primary responsibility of government.
5. The Forum called on the Federal Government and all the security agencies to proffer urgent solutions to the malice and ameliorate the negative security situation in the country.
Hon. Sir Ray O. Akanwa
Deji Sasegbon’s Latest Dictionary: Place your order now. Call:08076095047, 07036688678, 08035629991
Newswire, we present the world of law and the issues that engage them. This edition is yet again, ‘Mind-blowing’. Go get your copy(ies) Now!