COVID-19: NBA Lagos Branch to Close Down Secretariat for 14 Days – Akangbe
Dear Seniors and Distinguished Colleagues,
Following the Release by the Lagos State Government that citizens should stay back at home from Thursday the 26th of March, 2020 for 14 days and the concerted efforts by the leadership of the Branch to complement the effort of the State Government in containing the spread of the Novel Coronavirus pandemic, we have taken the decision to close down the Branch Secretariat from Thursday, the 26th of March, 2020 until further notice:
1. However, in view of the notification by the President of the NBA, the respected Mr. Paul Usoro, SAN, in the “NBA COVID 19 – RELEASE II” that the deadline for the payment of the Bar Practising Fee (BPF) as well as the Branch Local Dues (BLD) will not be extended (that is, it REMAINS the 31st of March, 2020) we urge Members to please ensure that they make their payment at the Bank, either electronically or otherwise and keep their teller or evidence of payment, until such a time as operations resumes at the Secretariat at which time receipts will then be issued.
2. I have been informed by officials at the National Secretariat that no collection/delivery and/or application for stamps and seal will be processed until further notice.
3. I appeal to everyone to take the pain to make these payments (BPF /BLD) before the deadline, as we know that they are pre-requisities to exercising our right to determine who will continue the great job that our dear President is doing at the National level of the leadership of the NBA.
4. I appeal to you to please bear with us and apologise for any inconvenience(s) caused by the disruption in the system. You will agree with me that these are unusual times and we all have to collectively make sacrifices to overcome the current situation.
5. Thank you all, for your usual cooperation.
Yemi Akangbe, FCIArb
Chairman, NBA Lagos.
Deji Sasegbon’s Latest Dictionary: Place your order now. Call:08076095047, 07036688678, 08035629991
Newswire, we present the world of law and the issues that engage them. This edition is yet again, ‘Mind-blowing’. Go get your copy(ies) Now!